Tuesday, May 14, 2013

From TEDTalks: Why 30 Is Not the New 20

Very crafty, @TEDTalks. Way to post this the eve of my 28th birthday.

(i.e. Age 30 Minus 2
The Countdown Before that "Decade of Loneliness" referenced by Nick Carraway in The Great Gatsby)

But seriously, I think this is a good kick in the pants to start ticking some things off my bucket list. I thought I would be the coolest during my 20s, and while I'm still young, hip and with it, with a solid amount of "life capital" that Meg Jay suggests possessing, I want to make the most of this decade while I can. I also need to invest in a few more extracurriculars that I commit to beyond work, friends, family and my relationship. All in the pursuit of 30s being equally kick-butt (and so all of those milestones aren't crunched into one moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment